Hover over the question to reveal the answer. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us directly.
- A. As a relatively young business that has been selling custom mermaid costumes since 2000, we are still growing. Part of that growth is that we are constantly working on new product lines to better fill our customers' desires. The cost of each new custom design begins as an estimate and as we fine tune our processes, eventually becomes a set price. Also, as a legitimate business, we are faced with the ever-increasing costs of doing business (payroll, employee taxes, equipment upkeep and changes, materials, etc) and in order to remain in business, those costs must be passed along to our customers in the form of minor price increases.
Q. I am the biggest mermaid fan ever, but that is a lot of money for a kid to spend on a tail, can I get one cheaper?
- A. Sadly, no, we cannot offer you a less expensive tail, nor can we give you the pattern so you can make your own, nor will we refund your money after you have violated a sales contract by tearing your tail apart to copy it. As a truly professional production and costuming company, FoxMoon Productions has been working since 2000 to perfect and test our designs on land and in water in both the United States and Europe. We have experimented with many different materials, purchased expensive equipment and spent countless hours designing and redesigning patterns to meet our customers' desires. Every customer and potential customer has their unique reasons for wanting a tail and their own unique ideas of how they want their tails to look. We receive so many questions and requests that I have an employee whose job is just to keep up with them all. All of this has been expensive, incredibly expensive. Even so, we still strive to keep the price of our tails at an affordable level so that our customers, adults and children alike, can have the custom made mermaid tail of their dreams. We have borne the material, equipment and employee expenses, have poured our heart, soul, blood, sweat and tears into our art and have suffered in the cold, heat, sun and rain with a smile to promote our costumes and our talented mermaids. We have seen competitors ridicule fabric tails and then begin selling simpler designs at a higher price. Others emulate our tail designs, website and even our methods of merfolk presentation and still charge more. We do all this for you, the mermaid enthusiast, the underwater producer, and the underwater photographer who are chasing your merfolk fantasies. We do all of this to help make your mer-dreams come true.
Q. What is the price of your tails and will you go lower?
- A. Our tails have a basic price, listed within the store, any additional options (add-ons) will increase the price. Currently our tails start at around $100.00 for our Merbaby tails, $125.00 for the La Petite (child's tail) and start at around $175 for our adult swimmable tails. They then go up from there depending upon what sort of unique additions you want and tails that require flippers have flippers included. All tails are made by FoxMoon Productions when they are ordered, there are not "in stock" tails. Due to the manufacturing labor and material costs we cannot go down on the prices. Our prices are as low as we can go, though we will always try to give you the most for your money and keep the prices within a reasonable range.
Q. What color choices do you have in stock?
- A. Our color selection is always changing. All options are subject to change and availability. This is why we ask you to provide your top three color choices or to contact us to verify that we have a color before you send the order. We will hold a material for no more than 30 days while awaiting your order. After 30 days it will be available for the public again.
Q. What materials are your tails made from?
- A. Special spandex materials. Not all spandexes are suitable for mer-tails.